One of my long standing hobbies is stitching, either cross stitch, needlepoint, wool felt, embroider just to name a few. As a small child, my Mother determined that if my little hands were busy, then my mouth was generally closed and my mind occupied. So she introduced me to embroidering stamped cross stitch pillow cases and later sewing. Then I thought myself to cross stitch and later I took classes to needlepoint and embroider.
Well, last week I crossed another item off my "bucket list" and went to Utah and participated in Shepherd's Bush Retreat. I had such a great time, met some great new friends and worked on some fabulous new projects. In doing so, little time has been devoted to paper crafting. I did get a new mini-album in my Fences Series complete. It is for the Fall season, which is my favorite time of the year. Living in Houston, Texas, the long Summer months of June - September can get to be a little too much "heat" and I am glad when that first breath of cool air finally makes it way into Houston. So here are a few pics of the new Fall Fence.
I am planning a year-long series of Fences, coming up real soon is Halloween and then Christmas and a separate Winter. Then I am sure a Valentine's Day and Spring and the list goes on and on. Similar concepts and uses of paper, fabric and embellishments.
Now off to tackly my long list on a short weekend.
Carole
No comments:
Post a Comment